General registration is now over but you can get the late registration ticket for free visit any of our startups that will open their doors to the tech lovers of Ottawa on Nov. 29th!
To visit …
- Startups from Kanata: 2:30-4:30pm
- the Better Software Company
- Martello Technologies
- You.i TV
- Startups downtown: 5:00-7:30pm
Included with your *free* general ticket: bus shuttles to help you visit any startup! See our transportation tab for details and book your spot with your ticket for the event.
We provide buses to help you make the most out of Ottawa’s startup scene!
To get a free spot in one of the shuttles, get your free general ticket for the event and let us know which shuttle you would like to use in form.
Late registration ticket does not include the shuttle pass.
- Bus 1: Downtown to Kanata (2pm)
- Bus 2: Kanata to Downtown (4:30pm)
- You can also get a spot on both lines when you get your ticket for the event!
- The bus schedule is available on the Share the Bus app (use credentials SOH@startupopenhouse.com, password: ottawa)
- There will be TV displaying the schedule in the startups you will visit!
- 2:00pm – downtown pickup
University of Ottawa Morisset Hall; 65 University Private, Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5
- 2:30pm – arrive in Kanata L-SPARK; 340 Legget Drive, Suite 140, Door 40
- Kanata loop: see Share the Bus tracking app to see the bus pick-up and drop-offs times at the following locations;
- Martello; 350 March Rd entrance Door 27 (see SOH sign), Kanata, ON K2K
- You.i Labs + Pronto Forms; 2500 Solandt Rd, Kanata, ON K2K 3G5
- The Better Software Company; 303 Terry Fox Dr #101, Kanata, ON K2K 3J1
- 4:30pm – depart Kanata L-SPARK; 340 Legget Drive, Suite 140, Door 40
- 5:30pm – arrive downtown Shopify; 150 Elgin St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1L4
- Downtown loop: see Share the Bus tracking app to see the bus pick-up and drop-offs times at the following locations;
- Shopify; 150 Elgin St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1L4
- Klipfolio; 176 Gloucester St #200, Ottawa, ON K2P 0A6
- Survey Monkey; 12 York St, Ottawa, ON K1N 5S6, Canada
- PageCloud; 135 Rideau St, Ottawa, ON K1N 5X4
To thank our startups and participants and to gather the coolest startup-lovers in town, we’re throwing an after-party!
To attend, you must be registered in the event. Watch out for the invitation e-mail!
Karen Letain is the Director of Marketing and Communications at Invest Ottawa, a not for profit organization that helps businesses in Ottawa start and grow. Karen along with her team is helping to ensure that SOH gets off to a great start in the city of Ottawa. Karen is a former entrepreneur having run a few of her own companies and when not working she can be found either volunteering or doing some form of the latest exercise craze.
Jenna Sudds is the Executive Director at the Kanata North Business Association, working to represent the over 500 companies in Canada’s largest Tech Park. Jenna is coordinating the Kanata leg of SOH to ensure Kanata’s Startup shine! When she isn’t out meeting and advocating for Ottawa’s tech sector, you can find her running the country roads around Ottawa and paddle boarding at the cottage with her kids.
Jane works on the Executive Search team at Shopify, a cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. She is in charge of the SOH guest experience at Shopify HQ, as it is their very first event in Ottawa! When she’s not unicorn hunting, Jane can be found running the Ottawa chapter of Ladies Learning Code.
Ottawa is holding its first ever Startup Open House this year, on November 29th 2016. The event is taking place on the opening night of the important technology conference SaaS North, which will be bringing groups of tech-fanatics from across Canada to the capital. It’s the perfect setting for Ottawa startups to showcase their products, meet top talent and network with investors.
For participants, Startup Open House is giving you the chance to walk into the inspiring, quirky, and fun workplaces of their city’s most innovative startups. By learning about these companies and their products from inside their workplaces, participants get a feel for the startup’s culture, vibe and values.
Into marketing? Meet the marketing guru. Interested in product design? Chat with the Head of Product. The company is yours to discover. That’s the beauty of Startup Open House.
Be prepared to build your itinerary through the city’s registered startups, bring some resumes, business cards or just a good smile and hangout with Ottawa’s top entrepreneurs, where they create.
Walk in. Discover. Connect.