Startup Open House is for startups by startups. By gathering the community, from the pioneers to the rising stars and the newly-formed startups, we shine light on the tech ecosystem.
Startup Open House exists to help you recruit top talent, gain exposure among the general public, and develop fruitful business connections. We bring your city’s high performing job seekers, avid investors, and curious customers into your workplace for you to show-off how awesome you are.
To open your doors:
- You must self-identify as a startup and embody the startup spirit.
- You want to open your doors to attendees for the entire event.
- Innovation is at the core of your business model.
How Startup Open House is different:
- It’s free.
- It’s all about startup culture and exposure
- That’s why we’ve created one event that gathers both small, emerging startups based in coworking spaces, and larger emerging startups with brand recognition to attract an audience.
- The format is casual, as a reflection of startup culture: come in, grab a beer with the staff, and find out what people are working on.
- There is a focus on talent: we catalog whether startups are hiring or not, share that info. with participants, and ask startups to develop a clear method for job seekers.
Why participate in Startup Open House:
- Meet top talent who want to join the team. Meet investors who want to learn about your growth. Meet young professionals who want new apps, products, software, and connections, all in the comfort of your own office.
- It’s a chance to bring people inside your company to discover what you really do, showcase your beautiful space, your quirkiness, and your culture.
- Support your city’s tech ecosystem. Startup Open House is all about celebrating your community, your successes, and your collective awesomeness.
What it means to open your doors:
- Advertise your open house prior to the event, just like you would any other event you’d host.
- Brief your team and make sure you have some sort of plan (tours, contests, food and drinks, resume drop).
- We’ve seen startups host everything from nerf gun wars to instagram contests and “pie a founder” sessions. It’s up to you!
- Greet participants, give them stickers to identify themselves, give tours of your office and point out various staff members (HR, marketing, product, developers, etc).
Forget about stuffy recruitment events, this is about showcasing your work, your team, and your product! For more info check out our FAQ.