Startup Open House shines light on some of the world’s most vibrant startup communities. In doing so, we are always eager for new partnerships and depend on them to bring our event to life! If you have an idea for a crazy partnership and want to sponsor the event, reach out!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PEOPLE WHO HAVE PARTNERED WITH US
Join the team
Startup Open House is always looking for superstar volunteers to make our events happen. Join our HQ in Montreal or any of our local teams in cities where SOH is taking place. You will help grow an international entrepreneurship event, work with amazing startups and spread the startup love!
Are you fascinated with the technology and innovation community in Canada? You want to share your passion and help us bring visibility to our startups? You will be our representative in your community and will help us spread the word about the event!
You want to report on the event? Share on social media, your blog or cover the event? We always appreciate a little help to capture the Startup Open House experience!
You are the point-person to showcase the event in national paper and digital media. You have good ideas, know have to do things well.Must be available on the day of the event.
The Event Startups Open House is the largest tech event in Canada, with well-known ambassadors such as LP Maurice (CEO, Busbud) and Satish Kanwar (Shopify), and nearly 8,000 participants in five Canadian cities. Over the course of an evening, hundreds of startups in each city open their doors to the public to gain more visibility, meet new talent and reach new users. The objective? Develop and propel innovative startups that are redefining Canadian entrepreneurship.
You will provide general local support to the Project Manager Startup Open House and get to contribute to the local development of a pan-Canadian event that has credibility, a strong and renowned brand, and high potential for international growth.
Reporting to Charlotte Martin, Project Manager of Startup Open House you will:
- Help to coordinate the Startup Open House event in Montreal;
- Develop and implement the various marketing campaigns to raise awareness about Startup Open House within its target audience before, during and after the day of D-Day;
- Coordinate event logistics;
- Maintain the volunteer bank up to date;
- Produce documentation for participants and signage when necessary;
- Communicate with participants about the logistical aspects of the events;
- Ensure the visibility of Startup Open House on social media.
- Fascinated by the startup and tech community;
- Recognized by all for your curious and entrepreneurial mind;
- Eager to meet new people and build strong relationships.
Your academic background:
We are open to all types of academic specialties. Above all, we want you to be an organized, entrepreneurial person, dynamic and passionate about the startup ecosystem.
- You are hyper organized and can handle several projects at once – you are a born juggler!
- You are proactive and are comfortable working independently – when you’re motivated, you are unstoppable!
- You are rigorous in your project management and a born organizer – you make lists in your sleep (you know you shouldn’t though)
- Human contact energises gives – you seamlessly transform strangers into friends;
- Communications, written and oral, in English and French, are your strength.
- Problems don’t exist because you are solution-minded – You are a pro of plan Bs even Cs and Ds !
- The Google suite holds no secret for you!
- Location: 5333 Avenue Casgrain # 701, Montreal, QC H2T 1X3
- Starting date: Beginning of August
- End date: Beginning of October
- Schedule: Contract
If you see yourself in this job description and want to lead us on this adventure, send us a paragraph detailing your interest for the project and for entrepreneurship as well as your CV. We want to know who you are and what makes you vibrate, so talk to us! We look forward to getting to know you!
The whole should be sent to Charlotte at email@example.com by July 31st, and we will contact you for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest, but due to time constraints, we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.